Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 32: Why is my chicken orange?

I am really trying to eat more fruits and veggies and less meat.  It is cheaper, it is healthier, and it is just fun to come up with recipes that are kind of knock off of other things (like the bean balls I made...hee hee, I still love to say that).

I was really wanting a chicken salad sandwich and we had zero chicken in the house. But Blaine had just juiced a ton of carrots and I happened to save the pulp.  I looked up mock chicken salad recipes and they were all kind of bland looking.

So let me introduce you to mine...

This was AMAZING!  As in, better than any chicken salad I have ever had.  Not sure how or why this works, but it does and it will become a staple in my house.

I measure nothing, so I cannot give you an exact recipe, but I can at least give you a list of ingredients.
-carrot pulp
-dried cranberries
-mustard
-mayo (remember my newfound love for the stuff)
-celery
-Tony's
-curry powder
-pumpkin seeds

I ate it with crackers :)

No comments: