There is one thing I am really hard-core about...rules. I am actually a little obsessive about following them and was for many years the annoying one who made sure that everyone else was following the rules too.
I like to think that I have gotten better than I was in high-school and will even break one or two occasionally.
But there is one I have never broken.
I never have more than the items called for in the check-out lanes at grocery stores. My husband tries to get me to do it every time, just with a few more items than called for, and I just have not ever been able to get myself to do it.
Until tonight. And it was on accident.
I told the lady I had ten items, and it was a ten item lane. And I had coupons, so I had already heard the groans from the people behind me. My baby had just woken up and my husband called to tell me, so I was in a hurry.
Then I got home tonight, and counted my items. Eleven. Oops. I am still feeling guilty about it.
I guess now I need to break a few more, huh?
2 comments:
oh my sweet cousin! kebvin and i went to the store with both kids and checked out with a full on grocery cart. we wondered why the checker was so rude and grumbly and didnt have a sacker to help him...until we left and i looked back...10 items only isle!!! we had NO clue. I felt SO BAD. I wanted to get give him a tip. i think its this store's policy not to turn anyone away b/c he didnt say a word. i would have gladly loaded up my cart again and moved. i hope that made you feel better. LOL mk
hahaha you are way too sweet! this is one of my favorite funny things about you ;)
Post a Comment