Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 26: Mayo

I HATE mayo.  Loathe it.  As in, it makes me gag to look at it.

I have never been able to eat it with anything.  I even make my egg or chicken salad sandwiches with mustard instead.  

And then I decide to cut all this dairy out.  And dairy is usually white, and creamy.  Both things that describe mayo.  And I am desperate.

I wanted dressing.  Not oil and vinegar, but a REAL, white dressing that was creamy.
I wanted creamy chicken.  Not one just covered with olive oil.
I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich.  Not just bread with turkey on it.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, I have changed my mind.  I am in more shock than I thought possible.  I actually like it in these things.  It made an incredible creamy dressing, the moistest chicken ever, and a fantastic fake-out grilled cheese.

Now, I won't be sticking a spoon in and eating it, or putting in all over a burger and microwaving it (yes, one of my friend's husbands does that), but it will be added to my list of creamy ways to pretend I am eating cow things :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is the recipe? :)
mk