Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 22: Two Rounds of Cinnamon Sugar Goodness

I do not really think of myself of a perfectionist.

My house is kinda nuts most the time, I am pretty much the messiest cook on the planet, and I rarely match.

This side of me even comes out more when I am baking and cooking.  I measure nothing.  Now I know with cooking it usually works out, although I am sure I could never repeat the same recipe twice, somehow it always tastes a bit different.

I have also started getting really bad about it with baking.  And it does not have the same results.  I made a pan of wheat, vegan cinnamon rolls, and although tastey, they were like little hokey pucks.  They did not rise at all.

Then the craziest thing happened to me.  I guess those of you who are perfectionists will know what this is.  I HAD to make them again.  It was this overwhelming urge to make things right, and so I made another pan of cinnamon rolls, and this time, decided to actually follow the recipe exactly, and they actually worked.  Go figure.

Now, I am not sure I am a complete convert, but I do at least see some times when being more exact might be a good thing :)

1 comment:

AuntB said...

Being exact when baking is ALWAYS a good thing!!!