Thursday, July 21, 2011

I needed a reason to come back :)

So, I have decided that unless I have a challenge, or specific reason to blog every day, or at least some sort of accountability, I forget, or just don't do it.

When I did the cleaning/organizing challenge a few months ago, I really followed through and updated it all the time. Since this a struggle for me (to stick with something), I have decided to try a new challenge I am making for myself.

There is a website called FOODGAWKER and if you have not been to the site...don't go, unless you are ready to start cooking, ALL THE TIME :) It is addicting and you will want to click every blog to read about the recipes. Anyways, I digress...

I am going to try and get one of my pictures/recipes on the site. I guess basically they pick the best ones of hundreds that are submitted every day. Blaine loves to take pictures, and I love to cook, so the challenge has begun.

So the challenge is...I am going to *try* to bake, cook, create, or at least do something new that I have not done every day for the rest of the year.

Now I realize that there will be days that I cannot, or that I do not get to post, but there is grace. But unless there is a huge reason, I am going to do this. So I hope you will come along with me, and maybe by the end of this year, we will all try a few new things along the way :)

2 comments:

celiselott said...

That's brilliant Kelly, love reading your blog! Cute pics of the kiddos.

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Okay, I just caught up on your blog since I haven't have time to read anything other than what I'm writing. It's weird how blogs start with the latest and then you have to read backwards, so I have read backwards and finally got to this what you are doing new challenge. I saw the sidebar thing, but didn't know if you were just trying random things or food things, and if it was every day or what. I like how God created us all differently, because this STRESSED. ME. OUT. I made up my own challenges and barely finish them, if at all. It's just not the way I work. I like freedom in my blogging and that makes me blog. You need the challenge of the every day. But I'm still stressed for you: sympathy stress!

Anyway, I am also proud of you for trying new things and having the goal of getting on that website. If you get tired of trying something new EVERY day, at least keep the goal of trying to get a recipe on there. That's my grace to you in case you need it!

Anyway, it was great to check in on the things you're posting here!