Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 1: Do Something New Challenge

I thought for sure today I would feel all inspired to make a great recipe or craft or something to start this whole thing off...nope. I guess I forgot it was Friday, and that Eli was crying most of the day, and that I had been making a whole lot of new recipes all week, so I wanted a break.

That being said, my new thing for today is...something I made yesterday (but I ate it today, so that counts :P)
I took this pic, not Blaine. I cannot figure out all the focus and not blur things, so hopefully the next pics will get better.

These are pumpkin chocolate chip muffins from Money Saving Mom. I basically kept the bulk of the recipe the same, but changed a few things. I used whole wheat flour, flax, and oats in place of two cups of the flour, cut the sugar in half, added 2 tsp of vanilla and replaced 1/2 a cup of the oil with applesauce.

They were AMAZING! I really like taking a unhealthy recipe and tweaking it just a bit to make it better for you.

Ok, well, now I am off the bed...AT 9PM, sheesh!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Yum! Next time I'm home, I want to try them- the applesauce is super intriguing!