Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 2: Do Something New

Well, I have definitely realized that this challenge is going to be harder for me some days than others.  I guess it is good to have the first two days be hard, so I know what I am getting myself into :)

I have made veggie burgers before, so this is just a tweak on that, but I had a bunch of leftover mashed potatoes that I did not want to go to waste, so I thought, "that will make a great veggie burger!"

I looked online and it seemed that a lot of people have done it, so it should work, right?

Add some veggies.
 Then some beans, an egg, salt and pepper, and a little oatmeal.
Wrong.  Didn't work.

You cannot tell from the picture, but they were all mushy and well, kinda floppy if that is even a word for a food.
I thought a quick fix would be to put them in the saute pan.  YEAH!  They got a great crust on them, so I thought I was saved.

Wrong. Again.

Well, they fell apart basically if you even tried to touch them or anything.  But I will say they were mighty tastey.  I guess if I want veggie piles/mush/yummy browned veggie things, then I will make these again.  If I just want a veggie burger, I will skip the potatoes!

1 comment:

celiselott said...

Aw stink! Way to try something new though!