Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 10: Banana "Ice Cream"

I have been pretty ok with this no dairy adventure that I am on.

Don't get me wrong, I have had moments when I wanted to crack and down an entire pizza, but I have not broken down yet (I did find myself sniffing the cheese grater today after shredding cheese, and then realized what I was doing...oops).

But I do miss two things, cheese and ice cream.

I have tried the alternative cheeses and have yet to find one that even comes close to good, or what I love about cheese, so I will continue that hunt.

With ice cream, I have heard that there are some fabulous coconut milk ones, so I will try them and get back to you.  But until I do that, I have to let you in on the fabulous snack that the boys and I had the other day.

Banana ice cream.  Except that there is no milk.  Or sugar.  Or cream.  Nothing, but, get ready for this...bananas.  Yup, you stick bananas in the freezer for a few hours and then put them in the food processor until they are creamy.

We added marshmallows and chocolate chips on top.  I found the idea HERE.  It will change your life.

No comments: