But it all zipped by.
My friend Kirsten just posted THIS on her blog and it really encouraged me. She quoted this quote above from Water for Elephants, and it sums it all up.
Noah is four, and so it has been a LONG time since he was a newborn, but he cried all the time. ALL THE TIME. But somehow I have forgotten really. I even said something to my dad about him not being that bad, and he reminded me how bad it was.
And then Hudson cried quite a bit. He had reflux, so it was different, but still a lot.
Then there is Eli. I am honestly at a loss. He cries, and cries, and cries. It is mostly at night, but that is when my patience level is not very much. I am tired. Really super, duper tired. I have been keeping it together most of the time, and only flipped out a few times since he was born, and yesterday, I snapped.
I feel like I am doing everything that I can...cut out ALL dairy, most soy, and other gassy foods, swaddling, all the magic colic tinctures, all the books, prayer, and we just cannot seem to get him better. He will have moments when I think he is better, only to have it change.
I know that it is just a season. I have two adorable boys who grew out of it. That is not the problem. It is getting through this one. And the fact that I feel like it is my fault. He is in pain and I cannot help him.
But I have to trust that God is in control, that Eli is not going to hate me in 20 years, and that I am going to miss this. Even the nights when I am bouncing on a pilates ball, holding a screaming baby, while covered in spit-up.
3 comments:
Oh cousin! My dear sweet cousin. I know you are doing ALL you can and then some to help him. I have zero words of wisdom as I can't imagine how you're doing it. We had a scare recently we were expecting again (we aren't) but I couldnt fathom adding another one to our brood, right now. I love you cousin and admire you and I know the feelings of just breaking down. I truly believe its God's plan for us to forget how hard and (exhausting doesnt even cover it) tiring and demanding the first year of babyhood is. If we remembered, we wouldnt do it more than once, LOL. I KNOW you'll look back this time next year and say "that wasnt so bad." :) Love you! MK
just said a prayer for you! man girl. so so so sorry.
:( :( :( :( Can I hold him for you when he is crying and you need some sleep?
Post a Comment