Eli is the third baby in a row that I have had, and somehow, somewhere in my heart I thought that I "deserved" to have one really quiet, sleep-through-the-night, easy baby as I feel like all my friends have. Yet...God had other plans. I am really starting to see this as a gift, as for some reason, God thinks that with His grace I can handle this. And He wants me to be MORE like Him. How can I argue with that?
It is hard. I am tired. Very tired. To have a baby scream all day, and all night unless they are asleep or nursing is draining. But somehow I am doing it, and Eli is six weeks old and I love him more and more every minute. God is holding my hands during the nights when I want to scream (and even sometimes do ;)
Anyways, that is what has been going on. Well, and Hudson learning to climb out of his crib 5 times a night too ;P
And the funny, ironic thing is that he has been sleeping the past three hours, which never happens :)
2 comments:
I bet you're pooped cousin. Remember what i said when i had Grey and he couldnt nurse and i lived pumping, getting him to latch, and trying to eat somewhere in the tired fog of my life for 4 weeks after i had him. I kept saying tomorrow will be easier than today, the next day will be easier to tomorrow as Eli will grow out of it and you will sleep again, one day. I think saying ARGH! I'm tired or I'm frustrated or I'm sick of this (fill in explective) is OK and healthy! I'm sorry you have another colicky little dude; I wish there was a magical pill he could take to soothe him and give you some rest. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you than today...love you!
melody k
So sad about the colic :( Can we help? Can we just come over and play while you sleep?
My kiddos never had colic, but they also never slept. Micah does sleep better than Mackenzie ever did, so I am hoping this next year we are ALL sleeping through the night. I will be praying for sleep in the Chartier house adn home!
Post a Comment