Monday, September 26, 2011

I love roasting things

Basically any vegetable (well at least all that I have tried) get sweet and caramelized when you roast them at a high temperature (I usually do 425) on a sheet pan.  One of the Food Network cooks (I cannot remember his name) says that he dares you to make one that your kid will not eat, it's not possible.  And I agree so far.

Anyways, I was really wanting to roast some eggplant and butternut squash I got at the farmers market this weekend, so I ended up with two great recipes for dinner.

Here are pictures of the veggies roasted


And here they are finished





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pics cousin; they look so yummy! How long do you roast veggies? I would love to try that. Also did you mix risotto with the veggies?? I think my kids would like that too. So far my healthy snack wasnt welcomed very well so I need to keep trying! love you!
mk