Monday, January 24, 2011

My own little project

I have found this blog Sara's Art House where basically her whole house is an art project. She homeschools her three kids, and does a ton of projects with them. Let me just say that if I could decorate my house in ANY way, it would be this. I need to send her a message and tell her!

Anyways, I got all inspired by her blog and needed a way to keep up with my schedule, menu, calender (which by the way, I have never had in my entire life), etc. So I made this "wall" in my kitchen. It makes me happy :) And I came up with it on my own, which I think is even cooler. It kind of clashes with the rest of the house, and looks a bit like a second grade classroom, but I love it, and I think that is what matters.

I started with a piece of white board, and painted half of it with chalkboard paint.

This is going to be my weekly menu board. I just printed out one that I liked and tacked it to this corkboard. Behind it is a piece of foam board that I had the boys paint with their hands.

This is the chalk just inside a little green flower pot :)

Same idea with the markers.

Noah is obsessed with drawing and I am really excited to have something like this for him to use all the time!

This will be the to do list board, as well as I will change it for the different seasons.

This is just scrapbook paper that I modge-podged onto the board, and then a rub-on that I found at Michaels.

I wanted a cool way to display the boy's artwork, and I have seen this on multiple blogs, so I just used twine, painted some clothespins, and hung it up with tacks.

And the finished wall :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! and love you all...
Auntie Lark

Redemption Road said...

I keep wanting to make a mini chalkboard for Macknezie, but never seem to find time to sit down and do it...you amaze me with 2 kids and preggo!

Anonymous said...

that's great! good idea...dont know how you do it. I'm just trying to keep the laundry done and my floors clean with 2 kiddos...melody k NOT anonymous ;)

Kendra said...

I love it Kelly! Very creative and practical:-)

celiselott said...

Super cute! I am so impressed. Next time I get to live in my own space can I hire you to help me decorate ;-)

Kirsten Oliphant said...

It looks great! I really like it!