Friday, May 13, 2011

What's up over here

I am going to try and post my birth story and pics tonight, or at least over the weekend.

Till then, there is a lot going on over here, at the Chartier house, mainly in my head and heart :)

I've decided that I need to write on here more because there is a level of honesty that for some reason you can post on a blog, but not necessarily anywhere else. I am just one of those people that needs to tell my story, what is going on, how I am. Sometimes I need to filter, so I am learning what that balance is :)

Anyways, let's see. I have a new baby. Wow, did I forget how precious it is to have a new life like that around. I am very blessed. And he is cute. And I know that one day he will sleep through the night (there are not many 10 year olds that don't ;). THAT is what is getting me through though. He is really fussy, really gassy, and needs to be held all the time. I am hoping and praying that it gets better. And if not, then I will just drink a lot of Dr Pepper and spend more time praying. I told Blaine last night, I bet in some ways God has a tiny smile on His face, because I was up all night with Eli, and spent that whole time praying. I mean, is that really such a bad thing?

Other things, on the TMI homefront, I am having lots of nursing issues. That is probably the hardest thing right now. I want to be able to do it a third time around, but suffer with severe clogged ducts and got mastitis with Hudson countless times. I really do not want to go through that again, and am already showing signs of it. Just trying to decide and pray about what is the best thing, ya know?

Something else I forgot about having a new baby is how STAVING you are all the time :) I mean I seriously could eat an entire large pizza and a dozen chocolate chip cookies right now.

And lastly, I am so happy to see how Noah and Hudson are responding to Eli. I know they are excited and so it might get a little crazier later, but for now, all they want to do is kiss "it" (as they call him), hold him, and be next to me. That is a huge relief and I will continue to pray for that as the weeks go on.


3 comments:

Traci Bear said...

Girl you are an amazing mom! Your boys are so lucky to have such an honest mom that is willing to show her absolute dependance on God. Keep looking to Him for your guidance and you can't go wrong. I swear God gives you the hard times as a mother as a constant reminder that He promised us to never give us more than we can handle.....with His help :)

kristin fulghum said...

oh girl! i'm sure you are totally exhausted. dr. pepper, pizza and chocolate chip cookies sound delicious...there are only so many times in your life that you have an excuse to eat like that...do it!

Redemption Road said...

He sweet Mama, praying for you and love ya!