Saturday, May 7, 2011

My thoughts as of late...

In no particular order here are the things going through my head at the moment.

-How am I going to have enough time, patience, and love for three kids? I know everyone says that you just do, but I am kinda scared of some being taken away from one kid on any given day just because I have to focus on another.

-Why do people say "this baby is an easy/happy/good baby." I get the point and don't think people mean anything by it, but both Noah and Hudson were very difficult babies...both had colic and neither slept more than 6 hours at a time until almost a year old. Does that mean that they were not happy or good? I just think they were exactly what I needed at the time and God knew that :) So either way, if this little guy is like the other two or sleeps a lot, he is a good baby, because he is a gift.

-I REALLY want to start working out after I rest for a bit. I cannot wait to try maybe insanity again or join a gym or something. I am missing it more than ever before and I hope that helps to drive me to be consistent.

-I am the most excited to meet this little guy than I was with the other two. Not that I was not excited before, but I guess as you go on in your time being a parent, you realize the blessing of a new little life and the potential for what they become. I am counting down the seconds till I hold Him.

-On the other hand, I am not a baby person. I LOVE kids, but really until a kid can communicate on some level or at least sit up and babble, it is a little more difficult for me. And I really like it when their head is not floppy :) So anyone who really likes this stage, feel free to come over and hold him as much as you want ;P

-Even though I have had two home-births already, I am a little anxious/curious how this one is going to turn out. I really have no clue, and I guess that I half the fun (or the scary part;)

-I am missing Jesus lately. I am not sure how I am going to have time to spend time with Him even at all in the next few months, but I am sure going to try.

-I cannot wait until this little guy is able to road-trip. I am planning some serious trips this summer to see friends, cousins, and family. It would be nice if the gas prices took a nose-dive though.

-I honestly could eat an entire chocolate cake, right now!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all ur blogs and the honesty of them. Love u
Melody k

Aimee said...

I agree with Melody- your honesty is so refreshing! Love that you're not worried about sounding one way or saying what people expect to hear. You are definitely a light in that area to some many people around you.

With that being said, I can't tell you how much I miss you. Kel, I haven't seen you since CHRISTMAS!! That is a super long time to not see your best friend and I'm going nuts in Shreveport not being able to help you with baby E coming so soon!

Ty and I are sending so many prayers your way. We love you and the boys so much! Can't wait to meet our newest nephew :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie,

I totally relate to ALL those thoughts going through your head! And if you want to try TRX suspension training (which I believe is the BEST workout and I have tried quite a few) then I will come to your house with mine and train you once you are up to it! It is easy to do with the kids playing right there, outside or inside whatever you prefer! Lots of progressions so it is easy to do what you can and work your way up once you get the strength. :)
Becky Campbell