Friday, November 18, 2011

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Discipline Demands Focus

What are the things that are distracting me from my goals (even though they are not all bad)?
  • Facebook, Reading Blogs, Pinterest, the computer in general
  • TV/Movies
  • Sleep
  • Laziness
  • Other little projects that are not as important
  • Hanging out with friends/talking on the phone
How can I break everything into bite-sized pieces?
For me, I just need to start doing a little at a time.  I get really overwhelmed very quickly, so I am going to start doing 15 minute clean-ups, or working out for ten minutes, or reading one verse.  You gotta start somewhere, right?

How can I set myself up for success?
This is HUGE for me.  I continue to do things that will set me up to get discouraged.  It is not possible to clean the ENTIRE house in one day, or to have a rockin bod after one run.  But to know I am doing the little things to get there, and be encouraged about that!

No comments: