Friday, November 11, 2011

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: A Process

Today we were supposed to pick a habit that we either wanted to get rid of, or a new habit that we wanted to have formed.

I picked the kitchen sink.  It taunts me.  I literally hear it at night when I am trying to sleep.  If it is empty and clean, I rest peacefully.  If it has dishes, straws, leftover food bits, and toys (yes the boys sometimes chuck balls in there), then I hear it laughing at me.

Seriously, if I wake up in the morning and the sink is empty, it seems to give me a fresh start and I don't seem as overwhelmed.  I mean, come on, you are asking, a sink?  Well, you gotta start somewhere.

So sink, you are going down.  And I am two days in and rocking it :)

2 comments:

AS said...

When you asked for me to be praying about you being more disciplined, did you intend to start this? I think it's amazing that God is helping to answer your prayer/ desire in this way. Keep up the good work, sista!

AS said...

Oh yeah, my sink taunts me too!