Have I intrigued you :)
I think that most of you know that Blaine and I have chosen to forgo vaccines for our kids at this time (not saying that it could not change in the future.) Well, I have felt 100% behind our decision for this entire time, but as of late, I have been coming across a lot of controversy as well as opinions that say we are doing the wrong thing.
Truly, there have been nights that I have not been able to sleep, since thinking so much about it. I have been venting to Blaine, reading more, praying, asking friends, and still have come up with the same conclusion...Blaine and I are in agreement about it and we feel strongly about it.
There are a lot of reasons as to why we have not gotten Noah (nor will be this future kiddo) his shots...fear of the unknown, the autism debate, adverse reactions, brain development, our bodies were made to fight this stuff off, etc. But then I realized that the BIGGEST reason for me is a Spiritual one. If God is sovereign (which He is) then can I possibly make ONE decision that could mess up His plan? If something were to happen to Noah because he did not get a shot, did I make the one mistake that God could not overlook?
What about the mom that accidentally runs over her child? Or the parent that finds their child has suffocated on something in their crib (this just happened to one of my friends a year ago)? Or the one time you leave your heater on and your house catches fire and your child is burned? All I am saying is that I make decisions every single day and it is God's grace that allows me to still have my precious boy around. Our days are numbered, a time to be born and a time to die...I want to make the best decisions that I can for our family, but in the end, trust that God is in complete control and remember that my kids are on loan to me for the time being.
I know, I know, super deep, and I know most of you will disagree to some point. But I am glad that I am now at peace with this whole thing and know that the decision that we have made is the best for us. For me, I would rather take a "risk" (which I really don't think we are doing) and not vaccinate our kids, than knowingly put something into their bodies that I know has side effects, whether just a fever or something really bad like cancer, austism, or the MANY other things they are finding might be caused from vaccines.
Ok, I am done know...whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment