Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Better Late Than Never

I wanted to post some of the stuff that we did or made during the week before Easter.  It is my favorite holiday other than Christmas. Yes, the candy is amazing (I know have 14 Cadbury Eggs in my pantry), but it IS the story of life.  It is everything that matters all rolled into one holiday.  Jesus died and ROSE!!!  

We first made this really cool garden/planter thing to depict the cross and the tomb (Eli enjoyed eating the dirt).  I got the idea here.



This was just a snack for the boys.  It is amazing how just taking an extra two seconds you can transform something as simple as a snack and make it a memory!

This was just melted white chocolate (dyed yellow) with M&M's and pretzels

These were white eggs that I spray painted with green chalkboard paint and then put a piece of chalk inside to give to the boys classmates.

I got this idea here, although I used cake instead of ice cream.  It was carrot cake and then a pretzel baby chick for the boy's teachers.

These were my favorite!  They were SO easy...literally sugar, water and gelatin.  Recipe HERE.

2 comments:

celiselott said...

Wow, these are amazing little crafty-tastey things! What great ideas, thanks for sharing Kelly.

Kirsten Oliphant said...

You are so crafty and adventurous! Love all these ideas and that you made the time to find ideas and carry them ou!