Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just to Clarify...

One of my sweet friends pointed out to me that a few posts ago I talked about wanting to read more of the Bible for answers to life and for strength and less looking for "advice" elsewhere.  Although I meant that, I actually have been reading MORE books the last few weeks than ever before.

Meaning, my heart is to spend more time with The Source, and if the books, or the Bible or whatever it is that I am doing is make me know Him more, then I want to be all about that.

Just wanted to clear things up, since I am on my way to the library to get more books...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi cousin. Both you and I are so much in the same place right now. I actually emailed my pastor regarding that as I have been trying to go to the bible and not finding the answers I need. He referred me a book if you'd like that name. I had someone tell me the bible is a love story, its a true story but its a love story and not necessarily meant to be the roadmap to our lives. That gave me peace and comfort knowing I can go to whatever I feel led and get the wisdom and guidance I was looking for an still reference the bible but not wonder Why am I not getting the resolve I need from JUST the bible? I would love to coread a book with you too, if you'd like. Love you!
mk

LizzieJ said...

Just because you are going to the Bible and not finding answers doesn't mean they're not there. The Bible is so much more than "a love story". It is the only place to find the Truth of God. Books are great but they are written by men.
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and morrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.