I will warn you now this post is very God-focussed. Hope you stay and read, but I wanted to warn you.
I have read a lot of parenting books. A LOT. And even more marriage books. And even MORE self-help books. Some have been good, some awful. And I have even tried applying some of the tips with
This is probably not and epiphany to anyone else, but in the small chance that it is, here ya go. I've been reading the wrong book. I mean, I read the Bible, I have time with God on an infrequent basis. He rocks, and I wish I spent more time with Him. But then I have realized that I don't spend enough time. I am not tapping into the ONLY source that is going to change me.
I cannot overcome my attitude, my short temper, my disorganized/chaotic home, my lazy heart, my pride, my desire to please, my need to be right, my sin, without HIM. Anything I read in a book will be my own strength. And my strength fails me every time.
I make excuses a lot for not having enough time to spend with God like I would like to, but trust me, I always have time to cook fun meals, get on the internet, hang with friends, check pinterest, etc. ALWAYS.
So hears the deal, being in God's presence, having His Holy Spirit alive and moving in your heart, makes you who you were called to be. It is like a light has gone on in my heart the last few weeks. I went to a prayer/worship service the other night, and spent an hour just being with God. And ya know what, I wanted to be with Him more afterwards. It wasn't like I got my fill. I wanted more. I wanted to change.
So, don't get me wrong. I still will not love to put the dishes in the dishwasher every night before bed, and I guarantee that I will mess up as a mom. But now I am realizing why. And I cannot wait to see my heart change.
1 comment:
this was an awesome post and I needed to read it!! I th nk God led me to read this post today- you are an awesome friend to Kirsten, an awesome Mom, daughter wife and servant!! Keep it up, Kelly!!! love you! margaret
Post a Comment