Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What am I gonna wear today?

I have too many clothes.  I have too many of everything.  Like I need to get rid of 80% of my stuff.  Sometimes I just want a delete button and start over with a couch, some dishes and that's it.  But I digress...

I have too many clothes.  It stresses me out to find something to wear.  Things are falling OUT of my closet, and I am not even sure I fit into half of it.  Some is too big, some is too small.  Some is from when I was in high school.  Wow.

I am about to do something really radical.  I might change the rules a tad, just because weather is crazy in Texas, and I am not sure I can go as extreme the first time.  But if you want to read up on it, it is called Project 333.

Basically is it this...get your wardrobe down to 33 things, and wear just that for three months.  Box the rest of it up and see how much better you feel.  I'm thinking of going with 50, but I will get back to you once I sort all my clothes.  I'm gonna try and do it this week and start on Monday.

Go to Project333 to read more about it.  I would LOVE it if you want to join me.  And the rules say that if you do it with me, we can trade out clothes :)

2 comments:

AS said...

Luke and I are enjoying our one duffle bag of clothes, and all of our possisions on a boat. But I miss my cooking stuff.

Anonymous said...

I went through my closet and starting counting clothes b/c i thought there's no way i have more than 33 pieces. It sounds like so much and we gave away 2 full bags of clothes...i have a lot more than that. living on 33 pieces only would be a huge sacrifice!
mk