Wow. That is all I have to say. I really thought I was at least a little bit fashionable and had a good sense of style. I might somewhere deep inside know what looks cute, but my closet was nowhere near reflecting that. I got rid of...are you ready for this, SEVEN bags of clothes. Not like a ziploc bag, like huge bags. Not shoes or accessories, clothes. Sick isn't it :)
I have this
I had THIS skirt in my closet and could not seem to get rid of it, because I wore it on a mission trip ten years ago. SERIOUSLY?!?!
And I also realized through this purging that I was (still am but trying to change) hiding with my clothes. I wear baggy or ugly clothes, or don't put much effort because I am not secure enough in who I am. I forget to find my identity in Christ and let myself get caught up in a leftover baby pooch, or the scale, or dark under-eye circles, or whatever it is on a certain day. If I don't try, then if someone thinks something about how I look, oh well right? But if I actually put forth the effort and still look "bad" then that would really stink. WHERE DO I COME UP WITH THIS STUFF? I know it is not true, and getting rid of all my ugly, old, some from 6th grade, clothes also feels like I am finally chucking that attitude as well.
So for now, I am not going to do the project 333. I want to, but I am still getting used to only have these clothes to my name.
Don't you worry though...I WILL be rockin these :)
1 comment:
I love it cousin. No matter what I ALWAYS think you look fabulous. I love it when someone is rocking something awesome and it was like $1 at goodwill (I however dont EVER find these amazing deals.) I try to purge my closet once a year. My rule of thumb is if I havent worn it in a year, out it goes. Makes it much easier. I love online shopping and EVERYTIME i get it, it never looks the same as online so back it goes so I just stop shopping. I hope you like your smaller closet and it makes your life easier! (oh and my word verification was ponana...weird) MK
Post a Comment