So apparently I have mislead for a very long time. Tomato sauce in a jar is NOT even remotely as good as homemade sauce. Not by a landslide.
I have been buying into this lie for many years because it seemed so easy to just pop open a can and heat and eat. BUT...if you simmer onions, garlic, red wine, crushed tomatoes, a few herbs and a little salt, something magical happens.
And because of this magic, we have eaten it the last two nights for dinner.
Last night was veggie, no-cheese pizza (BEST dough recipe ever-HERE) and polenta with marinara sauce
And then tonight I made spaghetti noodles with the sauce and these zucchini strips, which I just dipped in egg and then wheat flour with panko breadcrumbs on 425 degrees and they tasted like fried ones!
2 comments:
OMG that looks fabulous! YUMO! I too am a huge fan of Panko breakcrumbs too!
mk
I am a HUGE fan of homemade sauce and will eat about anything with it. If you add even like 1 tablespoon of sugar, your sauce will be even better!
Post a Comment