Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Great Sauce Off of 2012

My friend Kirsten is doing a Great Sauce Off on here blog HERE.  I wanted to contribute what I consider the most amazing pizza sauce one could ever eat.

It is so good that I would literally just eat it with a spoon, but it is best on top of a pizza, or by finding anything you can possibly think to dip in it!  

It has a secret ingredient that I am convinced is what makes it so spectacular...maple syrup.  I found this recipe HERE.


Ingredients
  • 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
  • 1½c water
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2-3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on how acidic your sauce is)
  • 1 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp oregano
  • 1½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir until well combined. Heat through and serve warm. Add additional water if you want a thinner sauce.
  2. Makes about 3 cups sauce






It's serious yumminess.  Go make it now.

2 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Maple syrup! That's insane! I will definitely have to try it because I totally can't imagine it.

Aimee said...

I agree... this is totally bizarre but I am way too curious not to try it! Who knows when I'll actually get around to making it... but at some point, it will happen!