Sunday, December 27, 2009

I am a mom...

So I was sitting and thinking and praying last night and realized that it is ok to just be what I am right now. It is ok to wait and volunteer for things when my kids are bigger, it is ok to say no to stuff, it is ok to stay at home and play with my kids and clean my house and that be all that I "do" with my life. Yes, sometimes I feel pressure from everyone else that I should be doing more, as so many others do it, but there is real freedom in being where I am and do what God has me doing in this time. I know there will be a time (and it will come up sooner than I think) that I will have so many other things I am doing, I will miss nursing, or playing blocks on the floor, or even cooking a meal for my family. Not that just realizing this will magically fix my thinking, but I am really going to try with God's help to be where I am today, and to be ok with that. Ok, so I think I smell a dirty diaper :)....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We agree!

AS said...

I agree too. It's hard to see "everyone" else "doing", but it's really nice just being.

kristin fulghum said...

thanks...i needed that reminder!

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I think you've had this revelation before! Please call me when opportunities arrive that make you feel pressured and I can help remind you of this, okay? I think you're right on and are choosing the most important thing. That doesn't mean that for other people, saying yes to those same opportunities is wrong, but that shouldn't make you feel like you have to keep up either.

Jennifer@sissyandsassy said...

It's pretty hard, I know...it feels like just being a mom & doing all that implies (which is SO much when you really break it down)isn't "enough". But it is, it truly is.

Your children are only young once (as I'm sadly learning watching Grace turn 8 this year), you'll only be at this place in your life ONCE, so just hold on to it, be in it, and don't let it pass you by. God will always put opportunities in your life to do other things that "look" more like serving Him, but right now is mommy-time :)